How your kiosk can help you manage COVID Vaccinations
With more pressure upon resources and staff, practices will rely heavily on additional technology that will help them to manage the increase in demand during the vaccine roll-out. Your Jayex check-in kiosk can assist you during this busy time.
Triaging your patients/Confirming Eligibility
The kiosk can be tailored to suit your practice workflow and either direct patients with a covid vaccination appointment to reception for check in or allow them to check in, qualify them with triage/eligibility questions and direct them to the appropriate waiting area.
How to add the eligibility survey on the kiosk.
- Log in to your Kiosk back end
- Click Jayex bubble / surveys / manage surveys
- Click check in survey
- Add in a title – description isn’t necessary unless you want to.
e.g. Title: Covid vaccination eligibility survey / “enable for selected clinicians – select covid vaccination
- Select save & >> as you want to enable this for all patients who have made an appointment.
- Scroll right down to the question and type in your first question.
E.g. Please select the response that relates to you. If more than one apply then just select one.
- Go to Answer Type / Click on answer 1 and copy the first answer “are you over the age of 70?”. Click on answer 2 and add in the second response “Are you a health care worker?” and so on until you have 6 answers as seen below.
Are you over the age of 70?
Are you a health care worker?
Are you Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander aged over 55 years old?
Are you under the age of 70 but have an underlying medical condition, including those with a disability?
Are you a critical and high-risk worker including defense, police, fire, emergency services, and meat processing?
None of the above.
To add additional answers then just click on the first green cross as seen below.
Once you have finished then APPLY Changes
- If a patient answers NONE of the above then they are not eligible to receive the covid vaccination and you will need to add a message to the screen that tells them this and directs them to the reception. To do this then click on the response NONE of the above and select “set as end of survey”
To add a message for these patients then click on the “set response” – from here you are able to add a customised message for patients such as “BASED ON YOUR RESPONSES PROVIDED IN THE SURVEY, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE THE COVID VACCINATION. PLEASE SEE RECEPTION TO VERIFY YOUR ELIGIBILITY.
- If a patient answers ANY of the responses EXCEPT "none of the above" then they are eligible to receive the covid vaccination and are able to continue check-in.
Click on all responses EXCEPT "None of the above" and select “end of survey”
You are now able to add a customised response to these patients by clicking on each question (except “none of the above” and “set response”
This may be: “BASED ON YOUR RESPONSE IN THE SURVEY, YOU ARE ELIGIBLE TO CONTINUE CHECK IN FOR YOUR COVID VACCINATION. PLEASE CONTINUE THE CHECK-IN AND REACJ THE FINISH SCREEN TO ENSURE YOU ARE MARKED AS ARRIVE”
- When finished all survey questions hit save:
- Now you have to make your survey LIVE. Do to this then select the Jayex bubble / surveys / manage surveys.
- You are also able to preview the survey by clicking on the preview button
- When you are happy with the survey then find your survey and click on the computer monitor icon to publish to a kiosk.
- Complete the applicable fields. Frequent flyer check means that patients will be initially asked these survey questions and then not again for an allocated time frame. E.g. 30days. Once completed click ok.
If you require any assistance setting up your covid eligibility survey on the kiosk then please contact your account manager Nicole on firstname.lastname@example.org and she will be able to assist you.