Now that your kiosk has arrived you just need to complete some simple steps to get it online.
1) Plug in the power and data cable (blue) to both the kiosk and the wall points.
Note: As previously discussed you will always get better performance from a stable network using a data cable than a WiFi connection. WiFi is not recommended.
2) Open the back of the kiosk with the key. Note: Keep this key handy! You will need it for future use!
Please see a picture of the 'NUC' below and ensure that all of the cords inside the freestanding unit are plugged in.
Note: A 'NUC' is essentially your harddrive for your kiosk. Think of it as a laptop without a screen or keypad. (Pictured below).
These include (from left to right) the power cord, the VGA cable, data cable and USB. In step one you ensured that the power and data cable are connected to their respective wall points. Please check that the VGA cable and USB cable are correctly connected to your kiosk screen inside the unit.
3) Once everything is correctly connected please power up the kiosk. To do this:
- Make sure the power point is switched on
- Turn on the NUC via its small circular power button on the top.
After start-up the screen should display a 'Self check in coming soon' screen when we are ready to connect to your Practice Management System. This will take a little bit of support from our end so please let us know via email or phone when you have powered up!
4) Once Jayex support have connected your kiosk to your PMS you are ready for training. We will communicate with you to organise this at a convenient time for you. Any questions just ask!
Note: For training you will require access to a computer on the server. Your login details will be sent to you via email when the training is organised.