As we release new versions of the Appointuit Connector you will need to update your current one to enable the new features and improved stability, this guide will walk you through how to do this, only 5 easy steps. You will find the detailed steps below:
1. Start Appointuit Service controller
2. Stop the Service
3. Uninstall old connector
4. Download the new connector version
5. Install the new version
5. Set up the Appointuit Connector service properties.
Step 1. Start Appointuit service controller
Step 2. Click stop service
Once stopped it should look like this
Step 3. Close the window and go to 'Control Panel' usually found 'Select Start > Control Panel > Uninstall Program' Within the list locate Appointuit from within the list and uninstall it. Please note this is very important Appointuit is uninstalled before a new version is installed.
Step 4. Now that the old version of the connector is uninstalled, it is time to download the latest Appointuit Connector you will need to log into the Appointuit Dashboard - https://appointuit.com/signin then in the top menu go 'Downloads > Connectors' from there select the connector type for your practice management software and take note of where you saved the file to.
Step 5. Once the file has downloaded, you can install the connector by double clicking on the file and following the prompts. Usually you only have to click next, next, next and close.
Step 6. In the Appointuit Service Controller, go to 'Menu > Settings' and add the licence key from the Download Connector page in Appointuit.
Step 6. After the installation there is one last step to take, open the 'Services' panel from the start menu.
Right click on 'Appointuit Connector Service', select Properties and in the 'General' tab set it to Automatic (Delayed Start).
Now click on the 'Recovery' tab, and change the settings as shown below:
- First failure: RESTART THE SERVICE
- Second failure: RESTART THE SERVICE
- Subsequent failures: RESTART THE SERVICE
- Reset fail count after: 1 day
- Restart service after: 10 minutes
Finally, make sure the Status is "Running", if not, go to Appointuit Connector Service Controller and press Start.
Having problems? We can help.
We can install and upgrade the connector for you.
- Go to the server where Appointuit Connector is installed
- Click on this link http://appointuit.com/qs
- The Appointuit Quick Support tool will be downloaded.
- When completed, run it, and you should see a screen similar to the one below.
- Note the ID and Password and email them to email@example.com and our staff will action this for you.