Please follow the link below to the utility that will allow you to reset the BP Browser password.
To use this utility you need to be using Best Practice version 220.127.116.110 or above.
Running the Utility:
- Download the file from the link above and save it somewhere easy to find e.g. the Desktop
- Important: Close Best Practice on your computer before proceeding to step 3.
- Browse to the location you saved the file, right-click on the BrowserReset.zip file and extract the contents to your desktop.
- Browse to this folder and find the file called Reset browser password.exe
- Double click on the file and log in.
- Click the 'Run' button.
- When complete the message 'The browser password has been reset' will be displayed. Click OK to exit the utility.
Setting a New Password:
- Log into Best Practice
- Select Setup -> Configuration -> Database
- Click on the 'Database browser' button.
- You should now receive two prompts. Enter the password that you want to use - this needs to be entered twice. Note: The password needs to be between 6-10 characters in length.
- You should now be able to use this password for 3rd party tools such as Canning Tool, Pen Clinical Audit Tool as well as access to the database using tools such as SQL Management Studio and BPSBrowser.
Note: It is highly recommend that all key people in the practice be made aware of this password.