If your practice has a self hosted Wordpress website this guide will show you how to install and set up the Appointuit widget for your site.
Get the code snippet
To start off you will need to log into the Appointuit Dashboard and proceed to the widget area, which can be found under "Settings" then "Web Widget" on the left side menue. Customise the colours and message you would like then copy the code snippet at the bottom.
Placing the code on your site
Now you will have to log into your website Wordpress admin area, which can usally be found at www.your-domain-name.com/wp-admin and once logged in follow these simple steps:
- Open up the Appearance drop down panel in your sidebar
- Click Editor
- Click and open up the footer.php file
- Scroll to the bottom of the code and find the </body> tag
- Place the widget code you previously copied right before </body>
- When all done click "Update File" button note: if you get an error about permissions you will need to update the permissions of these files and should probably contact the person who manages your website to do this, or you could follow this guide - http://www.themelab.com/2008/04/11/how-to-make-wordpress-themes-writable/
- The widget works fine on the home page but on other pages it does not work - it shows but is not click-able. >>> This might happen if the z-index is too high. If you really need a z-index , it can be under 100.